Unusual Motion Detection (UMD) is an advanced AI technology that brings a new level of automation to security. Without any predefined rules or setup, UMD technology is able to continuously learn what typical activity in a scene looks like, and then detect and flag unusual motion. This allows operators to filter through large amounts of recorded video faster when using Avigilon Control Center (ACC) video management software, as it flags atypical events that may need further investigation, helping to reduce hours of work to minutes.
FOCUS OF ATTENTION
A new ACC™ 7 interface that leverages AI-powered deep learning video analytics and UMD technology to determine actionable information and help ensure critical events don’t go unnoticed.
Helps you quickly search through large amounts of video when using ACC™ software by flagging events that may need further investigation, helping to reduce hours of work to minutes.
EMBEDDED ON H4 PLATFORM CAMERAS
UMD technology is embedded on the Avigilon H4A, H4 Mini Dome, and H4SL camera lines, offering powerful AI capabilities on our easiest-to-install and entry-level cameras.
UNUSUAL ACTIVITY DETECTION AND UNUSUAL MOTION DETECTION – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
Both are edge-based, intelligent technologies that distinguish between typical and atypical events by continuously learning from observation of scenes over time. Where Unusual Activity Detection (UAD) is object-aware and detects the atypical behavior of learned objects like people and vehicles, Unusual Motion Detection (UMD) technology continuously learns what a typical scene looks like, then detects and flags unusual motions that deviate from that model.
UNUSUAL ACTIVITY DETECTION (UAD)
- Object aware with the ability to determine if behaviors are usual on a per-object type basis
- Presents unusual activity for classified objects (people or vehicles)
- Highlights atypical behavior such as unusual speed or location
UNUSUAL MOTION DETECTION (UMD)
- Highlights anomalous motion based on learned models of what a typical scene looks like
- Offers edge-intelligence on budget-friendly cameras
- Highlights atypical motions such as speed, direction, or location